Hi to all Parents and Nippers welcome to week 9.
Well the weather was great, ok the seas were tough however everyone had a great time. Watching the kids getting bowled over on the shore line and learning about rips and the power of the ocean was great. At least the beach remained open, I was on patrol for the afternoon and they closed the beach and then the blue bottles paid us a visit – long afternoon.
The big fellas turning up this week, so I hope you’re ready and don’t forget to read on to make sure you know what to do.
To start nippers this weekend the SRC’s will be presented with their patrol uniforms which is a big event in their progress from nippers to lifesavers. The majority of these kids have been nippers from very young till now please be there to congratulate them.
OK Sunday it is forecast to be Sunny 29C, 20c water temp so good so far, however Santa may have trouble riding the boat in as its forecast to be 6 foot plus (big Wednesday on Sunday, remember the movie).
- Big Fella Alert – This Sunday we will be having our special visitor from the North Pole doing his practice run, and this week is going to be a cracker! For the new parents of Nippers if you can bring a small gift (around $5-$10 in value) gift wrapped with your child’s name and age group clearly labelled, we will have areas available to deposit gifts at the start of Nippers …for the younger ones you may like to be a little discrete to keep the magic alive…so please arrive a little earlier this Sunday. Nippers will kick off as normal from 9:30 and at 10:30 we should see Santa arrive via IRB or surf ski…..and then the mayhem begins!! If you forget to bring something see me as I have little stash to help out.
- The BBQ and Kiosk will be offering coffee, Bacon and Egg Rolls from 8:30 am.
- Nippers kicks off at 9:30 am SHARP, please be lined up at 9.15am.
- Please make sure all children have a drink bottle and sun screen on before starting.
- Weekly BBQ – THIS WEEK IT’S THE UNDER 13’S COULD SOME PARENTS PLEASE HELP OUT FOR 20 MINUTES EACH TO COVER THE SETUP/COOKING/CLEAN UP. If all the parents share it between them, you will not miss much. As most of you are aware, each week we run a BBQ over the morning during the Nippers Season. This is a great fundraiser for the club and very popular with the families to enjoy after a morning at Nippers. Each week would like volunteers to assist Claire.
Thanks for those who stepped up. We still need some people to help with the running of nippers. This doesn’t take up much time its more so everything runs smoothly. Remember we are all volunteers if more people help the job is easier. We are looking for people to help with:
- Beach Set Up – if you can help set the beach up please see me and I will gladly give you a job.
- Water Safety – Each week the water safety make sure every child is safe and learns about the water, however we are always looking for more to help. All you need is bronze medallion to help out, don’t have it ask Brett about it (if I can make it anyone can) and we will get you on the next course.
Nippers breaks – the last day is Sunday 16th December and resumes on Sunday 6th January 2018 so make the most of the sleep ins.
SUNDAY 13TH JANUARY 2019 – NARRABEEN CARNIVAL
The 13th of January is our Narrabeen Nippers Carnival – where nippers from over 20 clubs (over 700 competitors) come to Narrabeen to compete in beach events! This is the biggy for us participation wise as a club so if parents can assist on the day as we are always looking for an extra hand, for those parents who want to help shortly you will be able to sign up to assist on the BBQ or registrations etc…thanks again in advance. Let me know is you can help firstname.lastname@example.org
A REMINDER THE PARKING AREA BEHIND THE CLUB IS PAID PARKING AND PATROLLED BY COUNCIL. OUR FRIENDLY COUNCIL COME ALONG MOST WEEKS AND BOOK PEOPLE, PLEASE READ THE SIGNS TO ENSURE YOU DON’T GET FINED.
Labelling / Lost Property
Mums and Dads: Please make sure that all Nippers clothing is clearly labelled using permanent marker with your child’s name especially the Nippers Cap and Hi Vis top. The lost property is near the board storage area.
Some people mentioned to me they have old rashies, swimmers etc that their kids had out grown and were still in excellent condition and what to do with them. Well to help those looking for uniforms and those wanting to get rid of uniforms we have a uniform exchange.
There is a box near the BBQ each week to look in. Please put whatever it is for sale in a clip lock bag with your name, telephone number, what it is, size and price. Anyone wanting to buy just put the money in the clip lock bag and text the person it’s there (honesty system).
So I’m looking forward to seeing you all this Sunday.
Let’s hope for great weather and calm seas.
Have a look at our Facebook page where we will post updates and pics of events.
See you on the beach