Hi to all Parents and Nippers welcome to week 6.
The weather held last week unfortunately the surf picked up and we couldn’t get out the back however I think all the nippers had a great time learning to duck dive, ride the boards and body surf. Looking at this weekend the weather looks ok so let’s hope for calm seas (the surf forecast is for 4-6 foot waves let’s hope they are wrong. It is Narrabeen), so we can get into the water activities.
- The second round of our club championships is scheduled where all competitors from the U11’s to U14’s compete in combined events for points towards the end of year Club Champion. Depending on the surf conditions a decision will be made on the day.
- The BBQ and Kiosk will be offering coffee, Bacon and Egg Rolls from 8:30 am.
- Nippers kicks off at 9:30 am SHARP, please be lined up at 9.15am.
- Please make sure all children have a drink bottle and sun screen on before starting.
- Weekly BBQ – THIS WEEK IT’S THE UNDER 10’S COULD SOME PARENTS PLEASE HELP OUT FOR 20 MINUTES EACH TO COVER THE SETUP/COOKING/CLEAN UP. If all the parents share it between them, you will not miss much. As most of you are aware, each week we run a BBQ over the morning during the Nippers Season. This is a great fundraiser for the club and very popular with the families to enjoy after a morning at Nippers. Each week would like volunteers to assist Claire. The next age group will be under 11’s next week (2nd Dec)
Thanks for those who stepped up. We still need some people to help with the running of nippers. This doesn’t take up much time its more so everything runs smoothly. Remember we are all volunteers if more people help the job is easier. We are looking for people to help with:
- Beach Set Up – if you can help set the beach up please see me and I will gladly give you a job.
- Narrabeen Nippers Carnival – this happens each year in January and we need to start planning now. If you can help with the planning, we will be meeting shortly (will be posted on Facebook / website) so let me know is you can help email@example.com
- Water Safety – Each week the water safety make sure every child is safe and learns about the water, however we are always looking for more to help. All you need is bronze medallion to help out, don’t have it ask Brett about it (if I can make it anyone can) and we will get you on the next course.
A REMINDER THE PARKING AREA BEHIND THE CLUB IS PAID PARKING AND PATROLLED BY COUNCIL. OUR FRIENDLY COUNCIL COME ALONG MOST WEEKS AND BOOK PEOPLE, PLEASE READ THE SIGNS TO ENSURE YOU DON’T GET FINED.
Labelling / Lost Property
Mums and Dads: Please make sure that all Nippers clothing is clearly labelled using permanent marker with your child’s name especially the Nippers Cap and Hi Vis top. The lost property is near the board storage area.
Over the last couple of weeks, we have had new people join us and we are still accepting registrations so if you have any friends please tell them to get in contact with me.
Some people mentioned to me they have old rashies, swimmers etc that their kids had out grown and were still in excellent condition and what to do with them. Well to help those looking for uniforms and those wanting to get rid of uniforms we have a uniform exchange.
There is a box near the BBQ each week to look in. Please put whatever it is for sale in a clip lock bag with your name, telephone number, what it is, size and price. Anyone wanting to buy just put the money in the clip lock bag and text the person it’s there (honesty system).
So I’m looking forward to seeing you all this Sunday.
Let’s hope for great weather and calm seas.
Have a look at our Facebook page where we will post updates and pics of events.
See you on the beach