Hi to all Parents and Nippers welcome to week 5.
WOW the weather was great and the seas were calm ok that’s it for Narrabeen for the year. Only joking however I am sure something different will be thrown at us this weekend. The first round of the Club Champs was held and there were some surprising results. It was great to watch the competition and the next one is only around the corner.
With the calm seas we could get nearly every nipper from under 9 upwards out to and around the cans. I was so proud of the under 9’s who all tried and then floated around at the cans without a worry in the world (I think the parents on the beach may have been slightly more worried). A special mention to Isaac who has never gone past his waist and on the weekend swam to the cans and back, then did it on the boards. I think the smile is still on his face and his families.
I would like to make a special mention of the water safety team who continually swim out with the different age groups, help with teaching swimming & duck diving techniques and how to ride the boards. Please when you see them just say thanks and we encourage all parents to get their bronze medallion, so you can help.
I have requested calm seas and great weather however may have used up my allowance already, here’s hoping.
- Club will be open from 8:30 am until 10.00am for last minute registrations and cossie purchases.
- The BBQ and Kiosk will be offering coffee, Bacon and Egg Rolls from 8:30 am.
- Nippers kicks off at 9:30 am SHARP, please be lined up at 9.15am.
- Please make sure all children have a drink bottle and sun screen on before starting.
Thanks for those who stepped up. We still need some people to help with the running of nippers. This doesn’t take up much time its more so everything runs smoothly. Remember we are all volunteers if more people help the job is easier. We are looking for people to help with:
- Beach Set Up – if you can help set the beach up please see me and I will gladly give you a job.
- Narrabeen Nippers Carnival – this happens each year in January and we need to start planning now. If you can help with the planning, we will be meeting shortly (will be posted on Facebook / website) so let me know is you can help email@example.com
- Weekly BBQ – THIS WEEK IT’S THE UNDER 9’S COULD SOME PARENTS PLEASE HELP OUT FOR 20 MINUTES EACH TO COVER THE SETUP/COOKING/CLEAN UP. If all the parents share it between them, you will not miss much. As most of you are aware, each week we run a BBQ over the morning during the Nippers Season. This is a great fundraiser for the club and very popular with the families to enjoy after a morning at Nippers. Each week would like volunteers to assist Claire. The next age group will be under 10’s next week (25th Nov).
- Water Safety – Each week the water safety make sure every child is safe and learns about the water, however we are always looking for more to help. All you need is bronze medallion to help out, don’t have it ask Brett about it (if I can make it anyone can) and we will get you on the next course.
Thankyou in advance
A REMINDER THE PARKING AREA BEHIND THE CLUB IS PAID PARKING AND PATROLLED BY COUNCIL. OUR FRIENDLY COUNCIL COME ALONG MOST WEEKS AND BOOK PEOPLE, PLEASE READ THE SIGNS TO ENSURE YOU DON’T GET FINED.
Labelling / Lost Property
Mums and Dads: Please make sure that all Nippers clothing is clearly labelled using permanent marker with your child’s name especially the Nippers Cap and Hi Vis top. The lost property is near the board storage area.
Some people mentioned to me they have old rashies, swimmers etc that their kids had out grown and were still in excellent condition and what to do with them. Well to help those looking for uniforms and those wanting to get rid of uniforms we have a uniform exchange.
There is a box near the BBQ each week to look in. Please put whatever it is for sale in a clip lock bag with your name, telephone number, what it is, size and price. Anyone wanting to buy just put the money in the clip lock bag and text the person it’s there (honesty system).
We are keeping Nippers Registrations open at Narrabeen for the time being as some clubs have closed off theirs and if you know of anyone that has missed out then bring them along.
So I’m looking forward to seeing you all this Sunday.
Let’s hope for great weather and calm seas.
Have a look at our Facebook page where we will post updates and pics of events.
See you on the beach