Hi to all Parents and Nippers welcome to week 4.
Well the weather was passable and the surf slightly rough however I could not be more proud of the under 9 to 13’s who all attempted the swim. The look of fear on the under 9 parents faces was worth the admission. I congratulate our water safety who worked with each child and get them pass the break and gain some confidence.
I have asked for calm seas (expected 1 foot) and clear skies (toss up) so we can all get in the water and have some fun.
- The first round of our club championships where all competitors from the U11’s to U14’s compete in combined events for points towards the end of year Club Champion. This is a great day to compete or cheer along competitors as they demonstrate the skills learned in the surf and on the sand.
- Club will be open from 8:30 am until 10.00am for last minute registrations and cossie purchases.
- The BBQ and Kiosk will be offering coffee, Bacon and Egg Rolls from 8:30 am
- Nippers kicks off at 9:30 am SHARP, please be lined up at 9.15am.
- Please make sure all children have a drink bottle and sun screen on before starting.
Thanks for those who stepped up. We still need some people to help with the running of nippers. This doesn’t take up much time its more so everything runs smoothly. Remember we are all volunteers if more people help the job is easier. We are looking for people to help with:
- Beach Set Up – if you can help set the beach up please see me and I will gladly give you a job.
- Narrabeen Nippers Carnival – this happens each year in January and we need to start planning now. If you can help with the planning, we will be meeting shortly (will be posted on Facebook / website) so let me know is you can help email@example.com
- Weekly BBQ – THIS WEEK IT’S THE UNDER 8’S COULD SOME PARENTS PLEASE HELP OUT FOR 20 MINUTES EACH TO COVER THE SETUP/COOKING/CLEAN UP. If all the parents share it between them, you will not miss much. As most of you are aware, each week we run a BBQ over the morning during the Nippers Season. This is a great fundraiser for the club and very popular with the families to enjoy after a morning at Nippers. Each week would like volunteers to assist Claire. The next age group will be under 9’s next week (18th Nov).
- Water Safety – Each week the water safety make sure every child is safe and learns about the water, however we are always looking for more to help. All you need is bronze medallion to help out, don’t have it ask Brett about it (if I can make it anyone can) and we will get you on the next course.
Thankyou in advance
A REMINDER THE PARKING AREA BEHIND THE CLUB IS PAID PARKING AND PATROLLED BY COUNCIL. OUR FRIENDLY COUNCIL COME ALONG MOST WEEKS AND BOOK PEOPLE, PLEASE READ THE SIGNS TO ENSURE YOU DON’T GET FINED.
Labelling / Lost Property
Mums and Dads: Please make sure that all Nippers clothing is clearly labelled using permanent marker with your child’s name especially the Nippers Cap and Hi Vis top. The lost property is near the board storage area.
We are keeping Nippers Registrations open at Narrabeen for the time being as some clubs have closed off theirs and if you know of anyone that has missed out then bring them along.
So I’m looking forward to seeing you all this Sunday.
Let’s hope for great weather and calm seas.
Have a look at our new Facebook page where we will post updates and pics of events.
See you on the beach