Hi to Team Narra. Well the weather was ok however the seas were huge, there was bluebottles and that grey fish swimming around. Everyone had a good time at the lagoon honing their board skills ready for the next big swell. This weekend is hopefully better and for now I am ignoring the weather reports believing they get it wrong more than right and it will be a perfect Sunday.
This Sunday the Narra Water Rats are going to Garie Beach for the annual patrol weekend so will be short for water safety. If you are bronze holder and want help on the morning I would be very grateful.
We are getting near the end of the season and I now other sports are now encroaching on Sundays please keep Sunday 18th March in your diary as it is presentation day.
• The BBQ and Kiosk will be offering coffee, Bacon and Egg Rolls from 8:30 am.
• Weekly BBQ – THIS WEEK IT’S THE UNDER 12’S COULD SOME PARENTS PLEASE HELP OUT FOR 20 MINUTES EACH TO COVER THE SETUP/COOKING/CLEAN UP. If all the parents share it between them, you will not miss much. The next age group will be under 13’s next week (4th March 2018).
• Nippers kicks off at 9:30 am SHARP, please be lined up at 9.15am.
• Please make sure all children have a drink bottle and sun screen on before starting.
• Club Boards – We encourage nippers to practice however if you want to use a board please ask first and you must have parental supervision, ensure the board is hosed down and put back into the storage.
SUNDAY 4th March – BRING A FRIEND
This a great day to get your mates down to the beach to see what you do every Sunday at Nippers. The day was originally an idea by Mia Besley (now a Water Rat) several years ago and has become an annual event at Narrabeen.
The day is designed so that your friends can experience a day on the beach, doing activities such as having a go on a Nippers board or learning how to catch a wave (all within the safety of the Flags area) , then competing in beach events such as the “tug of war” or flags. So if you have friends that you think would enjoy a day on the beach and would like to share with them the fun you have at Narrabeen then March 4th is the day
I am currently reviewing designs for our uniform for next year and they will be on display near the BBQ. I ask you have a look and you can vote for your favourite.
THE COURSE STARTED LAST SUNDAY HOWEVER IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO JOIN PLEASE SEE ME SUNDAY OR RING / EMAIL ME. Remember once you have it then you can swim to the cans as well with the kids, it’s a great experience.
There is a box near the BBQ each week to look in. Please put whatever it is for sale in a clip lock bag with your name, telephone number, what it is, size and price. Anyone wanting to buy just put the money in the clip lock bag and text the person it’s there (honesty system).
Labelling / Lost Property
Mums and Dads: Please make sure that all Nippers clothing is clearly labelled using permanent marker with your child’s name especially the Nippers Cap and Hi Vis top. The lost property is near the board storage area. I cleaned this up over the break and now have over 20 drink bottles, cossies and Hi Vis Tops (starting a shop soon) please have a look if any are yours on Sunday.
Have a look at our Facebook page where we will post updates and pics of events.
Regards Brett Worne
Director of Youth