Hi to Team Narra. Well we were ready for some great swims until the IRB played up then it was a little wait however the older ages did get a swim in trying and deceptive surf. Everyone had a great time on the boards with not too many wipe outs. This weekend the weather report is HOT, and the expected surf is 8foot plus (could be fun).
Congratulations to Indie Price, Caitlin Corbett, Sarah Bain and Liam Worne who represented us at the Branch Titles last weekend. They made a great colour party in the march past (photos on Facebook) then went onto to do the club proud in their events. Special mention to Caitlin who made the final of the flags, Sarah progressed into the rounds, Indie with a 4th in the 1km run and Liam winning gold in the flags.
• The fourth round of our Club Championships where all competitors from the U11’s to U14’s compete in combined events for points towards the end of year Club Champion. This is a great day to compete or cheer along competitors as they demonstrate the skills learned in the surf and on the sand.
• The BBQ and Kiosk will be offering coffee, Bacon and Egg Rolls from 8:30 am.
• Weekly BBQ – THIS WEEK IT’S THE UNDER 11’S COULD SOME PARENTS PLEASE HELP OUT FOR 20 MINUTES EACH TO COVER THE SETUP/COOKING/CLEAN UP. If all the parents share it between them, you will not miss much. As most of you are aware, each week we run a BBQ over the morning during the Nippers Season. This is a great fundraiser for the club and very popular with the families to enjoy after a morning at Nippers. Each week we would like volunteers to assist Claire. This year we will doing it by age group. Just need a 20-minute shift from a couple of parents and everyone is fed, and you still get to watch nippers. The next age group will be under 12’s next week (25th February 2018).
• Nippers kicks off at 9:30 am SHARP, please be lined up at 9.15am.
• Please make sure all children have a drink bottle and sun screen on before starting.
• Club Boards – We encourage nippers to practice however if you want to use a board please ask first and you must have parental supervision, ensure the board is hosed down and put back into the storage.
THE COURSE STARTED LAST SUNDAY HOWEVER IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO JOIN PLEASE SEE ME SUNDAY OR RING / EMAIL ME. Remember once you have it then you can swim to the cans as well with the kids, it’s a great experience.
There is a box near the BBQ each week to look in. Please put whatever it is for sale in a clip lock bag with your name, telephone number, what it is, size and price. Anyone wanting to buy just put the money in the clip lock bag and text the person it’s there (honesty system).
Labelling / Lost Property
Mums and Dads: Please make sure that all Nippers clothing is clearly labelled using permanent marker with your child’s name especially the Nippers Cap and Hi Vis top. The lost property is near the board storage area. I cleaned this up over the break and now have over 20 drink bottles, cossies and Hi Vis Tops (starting a shop soon) please have a look if any are yours on Sunday.
Have a look at our Facebook page where we will post updates and pics of events.
Regards Brett Worne
Director of Youth