Hi to all Parents and Nippers. What a great club champs with a trying swim which tested everyone, thanks to the water safety for making sure it was safe. All events were hotly contested which was exciting to watch. All the other age groups had great fun in the surf and on the beach please go to our Facebook page for all the photos. The weather and surf reports for this weekend are the usual anything can happen (they have predicted everything except snow) so lets hope for calm seas and sunny weather.
The presentation for the Young Lifesaver of the Year (Sydney Northern Beaches) is on this Friday night and we are being very well represented by Olivia Gillespie and Callum Fitzgibbon who are now SRC holders and former nippers. Good luck for Friday night.
• The BBQ and Kiosk will be offering coffee, Bacon and Egg Rolls from 8:30 am.
• Weekly BBQ – THIS WEEK IT’S THE UNDER 9’S COULD SOME PARENTS PLEASE HELP OUT FOR 20 MINUTES EACH TO COVER THE SETUP/COOKING/CLEAN UP. If all the parents share it between them, you will not miss much. As most of you are aware, each week we run a BBQ over the morning during the Nippers Season. This is a great fundraiser for the club and very popular with the families to enjoy after a morning at Nippers. Each week we would like volunteers to assist Claire. This year we will doing it by age group. Just need a 20-minute shift from a couple of parents and everyone is fed, and you still get to watch nippers. The next age group will be under 10’s next week (11th February 2018).
• Nippers kicks off at 9:30 am SHARP, please be lined up at 9.15am.
• Please make sure all children have a drink bottle and sun screen on before starting.
• Club Boards – We encourage nippers to practice however if you want to use a board please ask first and you must have parental supervision, ensure the board is hosed down and put back into the storage.
• Good luck to all our competitors this week in the nippers, seniors and masters Branch Championships (Wet) at Collaroy
If you want to become involved, which we encourage, then please contact our education director to join the next bronze group (firstname.lastname@example.org). It is hoped we can start a course late January please have a chat if you want to join or have a go. Remember once you have it then you can swim to the cans as well with the kids, it’s a great experience. There is a number of nipper parents already registered for this please become involved.
There is a box near the BBQ each week to look in. Please put whatever it is for sale in a clip lock bag with your name, telephone number, what it is, size and price. Anyone wanting to buy just put the money in the clip lock bag and text the person it’s there (honesty system).
Labelling / Lost Property
Mums and Dads: Please make sure that all Nippers clothing is clearly labelled using permanent marker with your child’s name especially the Nippers Cap and Hi Vis top. The lost property is near the board storage area. I cleaned this up over the break and now have over 20 drink bottles, cossies and Hi Vis Tops (starting a shop soon) please have a look if any are yours on Sunday.
Have a look at our Facebook page where we will post updates and pics of events.
Director of Youth