Hi to all Parents and Nippers. WOW what a great weekend last Sunday with calm seas, water temperature prefect and sunny let’s hope for a repeat (OK just jinxed us). With these conditions so many of our nippers tried the swim and made it well done to everyone that got into the water and had a go.
• The third round of our Club Championships where all competitors from the U11’s to U14’s compete in combined events for points towards the end of year Club Champion. This is a great day to compete or cheer along competitors as they demonstrate the skills learned in the surf and on the sand. The current point score has a number of competitors in both boys & girls only 1 point apart.
• The BBQ and Kiosk will be offering coffee, Bacon and Egg Rolls from 8:30 am.
• Weekly BBQ – THIS WEEK IT’S THE UNDER 8’S COULD SOME PARENTS PLEASE HELP OUT FOR 20 MINUTES EACH TO COVER THE SETUP/COOKING/CLEAN UP. If all the parents share it between them, you will not miss much. As most of you are aware, each week we run a BBQ over the morning during the Nippers Season. This is a great fundraiser for the club and very popular with the families to enjoy after a morning at Nippers. Each week we would like volunteers to assist Claire. This year we will doing it by age group. Just need a 20-minute shift from a couple of parents and everyone is fed, and you still get to watch nippers. The next age group will be under 9’s next week (4th February 2018).
• Nippers kicks off at 9:30 am SHARP, please be lined up at 9.15am.
• Please make sure all children have a drink bottle and sun screen on before starting.
• Club Boards – We encourage nippers to practice however if you want to use a board please ask first and you must have parental supervision, ensure the board is hosed down and put back into the storage.
Sunday 11th February 2017 – Northern Beaches Branch Championship
The Branch Championships are on (dry beach only events) at North Narrabeen. The program is available on Sydney Northern Beaches website. If you want to enter please email email@example.com by 5pm Monday 29th with name and age group. As this carnival is run by branch there are no late entries and we need to know to ensure we register all entries on time. Open to U8 – U14.
If you want to become involved, which we encourage, then please contact our education director to join the next bronze group (firstname.lastname@example.org). It is hoped we can start a course late January please have a chat if you want to join or have a go. Remember once you have it then you can swim to the cans as well with the kids, it’s a great experience. There is a number of nipper parents already registered for this please become involved.
There is a box near the BBQ each week to look in. Please put whatever it is for sale in a clip lock bag with your name, telephone number, what it is, size and price. Anyone wanting to buy just put the money in the clip lock bag and text the person it’s there (honesty system).
Labelling / Lost Property
Mums and Dads: Please make sure that all Nippers clothing is clearly labelled using permanent marker with your child’s name especially the Nippers Cap and Hi Vis top. The lost property is near the board storage area. I cleaned this up over the break and now have over 20 drink bottles, cossies and Hi Vis Tops (starting a shop soon) please have a look if any are yours on Sunday.
Have a look at our Facebook page where we will post updates and pics of events.
Regards Brett Worne
Director of Youth